Exhibition Ticket - Mark Rothko
Commencing on October 18, the Fondation Vuitton welcomes the captivating world of Mark Rothko, for the first French retrospective since 1999 ever devoted to one of the greatest masters of abstraction.
Discover a collection of over 115 artworks from the world's most prestigious collections, including Washington's National Gallery of Art, London's Tate Gallery and the artist's own family.
The exhibition invites you to explore Rothko's artistic evolution through a chronological journey. Discover his first figurative paintings of urban landscapes in the 1930s, his surrealist inspirations expressing the tragic dimension of the human condition during the war, and his radical transition to abstraction from 1946 onwards.
Explore the first phase of his abstraction with Multiformes, where suspended chromatic masses seek balance.
Admire Les œuvres classiques, his famous paintings from the 1950s, characterized by rectangular forms in shades of yellow, red, ocre, orange and also blue and white.
Despite his preference for dark tones and severe contrasts, Rothko never completely abandoned the use of vivid colors, as illustrated by his very last unfinished painting in 1967, impregnated with deep red.
Through his work, Rothko reveals his desire for a dialogue without words. He refused to be labeled as a "colorist". This exhibition simply extends the artist's questioning and reveals his work in all its complexity.
Opening days and times
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 8pm
Pricing and conditions
- Adult ticket: € 17.20
- Student ticket: € 11.70
- Children ticket (3-18 years): € 6.70
- Family ticket (1 or 2 adults and up to 4 children): € 33.70
- Free admission for children under 3 years old and disabled persons with accompanying adult (upon presentation of proof of disability).
- Ticket valid for selected date and time.
- Ticket valid for all open areas and the Jardin d'Acclimatation.
- Ticket cannot be modified, exchanged or refunded.
Get to the Fondation Louis Vuitton
- Metro: line 1 - Les Sablons
- Bus: line 73 - La Garenne-Colombes – Charlebourg
- Vélib : Jardin d'Acclimatation station
- Fondation Louis Vuitton shuttle: Charles de Gaulle Étoile station (RER A and line 1), exit n°2 on avenue Friedland. Ticket price: €1 by credit card per trip, directly from the shuttle upon presentation of admission ticket.
AddressFONDATION LOUIS VUITTON
8, avenue du Mahatma Gandhi
75116 PARIS 16