Musée de l’Orangerie entry ticket
Claude Monet’s masterpiece, The Water Lilies is a unique work that is shown off to perfection in the magnificent Musée de l’Orangerie. The master himself was involved in the design of the museum’s two oval rooms that were to house the eight two-metre-high panels with a total length of 91 metres… an achievement and a display of monumental beauty!
Buy your entry tickets for this major centre of Impressionism, a must-see during your stay in Paris. The tickets provide access to the permanent and temporary collections.
This magnificent building overlooking the Place de la Concorde will leave a lasting impression.
Access to the temporary exhibition with the Musée de l’Orangerie entry ticket
The Impressionist décor - At the Source of the Water Lilies
02 March to 11 July 2022.
Impressionism is rarely associated with the term decoration. Nor with walls, objects, fans, ceramics and other bas-reliefs. However, Impressionist works that are seen today as easel paintings - landscapes, flowers or scenes of modern life - were originally conceived as decorations. Concerned with the place of beauty in everyday life, the Impressionist artists made it an area of experimentation, venturing into various media and exploring all their possibilities.
This exhibition invites us to explore for the first time an alternative history of Impressionism with works by Cassatt, Cézanne, Degas, Manet, Monet, Morisot, Pissarro and Renoir from all over the world, some of which have never been shown in France. Through some eighty paintings, fans, ceramics and drawings, it shows how the Impressionists charted a new course, with the conviction that, to quote Renoir, art is made above all to “brighten up the walls”.
Opening days and times
- Open from 10am to 6pm, every day except Tuesday
Closed 1 May, 14 July and 25 December
Tickets and prices
- Dated tickets valid for the date and time selected
- This ticket grants entry to all permanent collections and to any current temporary exhibitions
- “Child and companion” rate: available to adults (maximum of 2) accompanying a young person under 18 years of age (EU resident)
- Free admission: under 18s, EU nationals aged 18-25, history of art students, holders of a “Pass Education”, disabled persons and job seekers (proof of eligibility required)
- Each visitor must have an admission ticket, including those eligible for free admission
Entry to the museum is free on the first Sunday of every month.
AddressMUSEE DE L'ORANGERIE
JARDIN DES TUILERIES -COTE SEINE
Place de la Concorde
75001 PARIS 01