Exhibition Ticket - Fashion and Sport, from one podium to another
With the approach of the Olympic Games 2024, the Musée des Arts Décoratifs de Paris unveils from September to April 2024, the exhibition "Fashion and Sport, from one podium to the other", a captivating exploration of the ties between fashion and sport, from Antiquity to the present day.
This vast project reveals how these two seemingly distant worlds nonetheless share common social problematics centered around the question of the body.
The exhibition traces the evolution of sportswear and its unsuspected influence on contemporary fashion, through an exceptional collection of 450 pieces including garments, accessories, photographs, sketches, magazines, posters, paintings, sculptures and videos.
Jean Patou, Jeanne Lanvin, Gabrielle Chanel, Elsa Schiaparelli, like visionaries of the period between the two world wars, breathed new life into their designs by integrating the world of sport into their haute couture creations.
The exhibition illustrates how sportswear was able to deflect the primary use of sporting clothing and integrate it into everyday life, with a particular focus on the quest for comfort.
Discover how joggings and sneakers have conquered not only everyday life, but also haute couture, from Balenciaga to Off-White.
Don't wait any longer and let yourself be carried away by this unique exhibition, from sport to fashion!
Opening days and times
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 6pm
- Thursday 11am to 9pm
- Weekly closing on Monday
- Exceptional closures on 25/12/2023 and 01/01/2024
Pricing and conditions
- Adult ticket: € 15.60
- Reduced-rate ticket (under 26, teachers, disabled visitors and minimum social benefits receivers): € 1
- Ticket valid for selected date and time.
- Tickets cannot be changed, exchanged or refunded.
Prepare your visit
- Large bags and suitcases are not allowed in the museum.
Get to the Musée des Arts Décoratifs de Paris
- Metro: line 7 (Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre), line 14 (Pyramides)
- Bus: 21, 27, 39, 68, 69, 72, 95
- Parking lots: Carrousel du Louvre, rue des Pyramides
AddressMUSÉE DES ARTS DÉCORATIFS
107, RUE DE RIVOLI
107, RUE DE RIVOLIGALERIE D'ETUDE
75001 PARIS 01
Choose your tickets
- Copyright image: