Guided tour of the Gobelins Manufactory
National Manufactories Secrets and Studios: a behind-the-scenes look at a fine craft
The Gobelins national manufactories have furnished no fewer than 600 state buildings with rugs and tapestries produced by 80 artists, using 23,000 colours at 3 manufactories boasting unique traditional weaving know-how.
The Gobelins and Beauvais manufactories produce tapestries using the high-heddle and low-heddle techniques respectively. The Manufacture de la Savonnerie, meanwhile, produces rugs using the high-heddle method.
Your guide will take you into the weavers’ workshops and share all their secrets. Visit two of the three workshops still in operation and discover the meticulous precision that goes into making beautiful furnishings for state buildings.
A unique tour that lifts the lid on a profession full of artistry.
Please note: reservations can be made 24 hours after purchasing tickets and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
Tickets and prices
- Your ticket is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Reservation required using the telephone number or website address shown on your ticket. Please note: reservations can be made 24 hours after purchasing tickets and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
The booking is subject to availability. The purchase of a ticket does not guarantee that it can be used on every date during the validity period.
Holders of the Famille Nombreuse card
- Visitors paying the entrance free with “chèques vacances”
- Members of the Association de l’École de Louvre
- Members of the following societies:
- Société française d’archéologie, sauvegarde de l’art français
- Société d’histoire de l’art français
Société nationale des antiquaires de France
- Duration of the tour: 1h30
- Guided tour every Wednesday at 15:00
- The tour route includes several staircases and cobbled courtyards. Avoid
high-heeled shoes. No elevators.
AddressMANUFACTURE DES GOBELINS
42 avenue des Gobelins
75013 PARIS 13