Exhibition - Charlotte Perriand: Inventing a New World
Exhibition - Le Monde Nouveau by Charlotte Perriand
FONDATION LOUIS VUITTON
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of her death, the Fondation Louis Vuitton is paying homage to …Show more
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of her death, the Fondation Louis Vuitton is paying homage to the visionary architect and designer with an exhibition that delves into the links between art, architecture and design.
The exhibition traces the oeuvre of this architect, whose work foreshadowed contemporary discussions about women and the role of nature in our society. It gives visitors an opportunity to step straight into modernity with scientifically faithful reconstitutions that incorporate works of art selected by Charlotte Perriand to bring to life her vision of the synthesis of the arts.
Through this exhibition, her body of work invites us to rethink the role of art in our society: an object of delight, but also the spearhead of future societal transformation.
- The Fondation provides an electric shuttle service from Avenue de Friedland to the Fondation. Visitors must pay €1 per journey, by bank card on the shuttle upon presentation of their admission ticket.
- By Métro: Line 1 - Les Sablons station.
- By car: Visitor parking spaces are available right outside the Fondation.
Opening days and times
Hours from 2 October 2019 to 24 February 2020
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 11:00 to 20:00 ‒ Last time slot: 17:30
- Fridays from 11:00 to 21:00 ‒ Last time slot: 19:00 (except first Friday of each month: last time slot 17:30**)
- Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 to 20:00 ‒ Last time slot: 18:00
Hours during school holidays
- From Saturday, 19 October, to 3 November 2019
- From 21 December 2019 to Sunday, 3 January 2020
From Saturday, 8 February, to Sunday, 23 February 2020
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 20:00
Friday from 10:00 to 21:00 (except first Friday of each month: last time slot 17:30**)
On the first Friday of each month, starting from 19:00, the Fondation Louis Vuitton organises an evening event to see and experience its building, its works and its exhibitions in a different way.
Tickets and prices
- Full adult price: €17.20
- Rate for persons under age 26, students, French teachers: €11.70
- Rate for children aged 3 to 18, professional artists, national and regional guide interpreters, national speakers, job seekers and income support beneficiaries: €6.70
- Family price valid for 6 people: at least 1 adult and up to 4 children under the age of 18: €33.70
- Free admission: children under the age of 3, disabled visitors accompanied by a guest (free upon presentation of suitable evidence)
- Tickets must be presented at the entrance. Visitors without a valid ticket will be denied entry to the exhibition._