Candlelit evenings ticket
During the summer season, this 17th-century masterpiece can now be rediscovered at the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte as the flickering light of two thousand candles illuminates the château and the French garden. Book your tickets for a timeless candlelit evening.
Vaux-le-Vicomte was the first château to offer night visits by candlelight. Since 1980, it has provided a unique, romantic experience: a visit to the château in subdued lighting, and the gardens lit up by candles! Rediscover the 33 hectares of French gardens created by Le Nôtre, the marvellous architecture of Le Vau and Le Brun’s sumptuous paintings by the flickering light of 2,000 candles…
For the first time, the candlelit evenings will take place not only every Saturday from 14 May to 1 October 2022, but also every Friday from 8 July to 27 August!
Since 2021, the estate has also been staging a new show to round off every candlelit evening with fireworks displays that invite you to step back in time and rediscover the magic of the famous celebration of 17 August 1661 thanks to the letter written by La Fontaine to his friend Maucroix! André Dussollier provides the voice of Jean de La Fontaine, transporting visitors 360 years back in time.
At the end of the evening, a fireworks display in gold and silver brings this wonderful evening to a close. Lasting 10 minutes, it starts at 11 pm between 14 May and 26 August, and at 10.15 pm from 3 September to 1 October.
Water displays feature during every candlelit evening at the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, taking place at dusk in line with sunset times (see useful information).
A wide choice of catering is on offer during the candlelit evenings: an elegant, romantic dinner at Les Charmilles (a very popular restaurant, we recommend booking), Champagne and macaroons at Le Songe de Vaux in comfortable deckchairs, picnic and dinner on the grass.
Opening days and times
- Saturday evenings from 14⁄05 to 07/07 and from 27⁄08 to 01/10/2022
- Friday and Saturday evenings from 08/07 to 26/08/2022
- The night lighting is switched on from 7 pm, both inside and out
- Water displays: 14⁄05 to 30⁄07 from 7.30 pm to 9 pm, and 06/08 to 01/10 from 6.30 pm to 8 pm
Tickets and prices
- Tickets valid for the chosen date
- Tickets do not include catering
- Reduced rate for children: 6 to 17 years
- Free for children under 6
- No readmission with the same ticket
- No lockers available on site
- The fireworks may be cancelled in the event of very bad weather conditions (rain, strong wind, etc.).
- Catering is not included in the entrance fee
- Free parking available on the estate. Vaux-le-Vicomte is less than an hour from Paris by car.
- The Châteaubus shuttle is currently unavailable. It is possible to make part of the journey via public transport by taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon to Melun, and then a taxi to the château.
AddressCHÂTEAU DE VAUX-LE-VICOMTE
Jardins et château