Covid-19 information : a health pass or a test taken within the last 48 hours is required at the entrance.
A 15-minute walk from the Stade de France, a temple to football
if ever there was one, stands another place of worship: the Saint-Denis Basilica, erected to the glory of the kings of France. Built in the 12th century on the burial site of Saint Denis, martyred by the Romans in the 3rd century, it now houses the tombs of the kings and queens of France.
The basilica, 29 meters high and over 100 meters long, dwarfs you as you stand in the forecourt in front of its imposing facade with its three huge portals and elaborately carved tympanums. Only the south tower still remains as the north spire, considered a great architectural achievement of its time, had to be disassembled in the nineteenth century. Bathed in light, the interior boasts spectacular volumes and delicate stained-glass windows, including the sumptuous rose window above the central portal.
Eternal dwelling of kings
In the heart of the basilica, fourteen recumbent figures and over 70 monumental tombs house the remains of illustrious kings, from Dagobert to Francis I, and Catherine de’ Medici. The mausoleum of Louis XII and Anne de Bretagne carved in Carrara marble is superbly adorned with representations of the twelve apostles and the four cardinal virtues. Take advantage of the guided tours or audio guide in five languages to learn more about the history of the Basilica and its moving sculptures and statues, including those of Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette in prayer.
Discover the Saint-Denis Basilica through one of the treasure hunts in the Paris Region Adventures application specially designed for families and downloadable free of charge.
Don't miss the Pass Marie-Antoinette to discover 4 emblematic sites in Paris Region that marked the queen’s destiny !
TOP TIP: the admission ticket is included in the Paris Region Pass Experience.
Days and opening hours
From 01/04 to 30⁄09, daily. Monday to Saturday from 10h to 18h15. Sunday from 12h to 18h15. Ticket office closes 30 minutes before. Exceptional closure during religious services.
From 01/10 to 31⁄03, daily. Monday to Saturday from 10h to 17h15. Sunday from 12h to 17h15. Ticket office closes 30 minutes before. Exceptional closure during religious services.
- Full price: 9.50 € Reduced price: 7.50 € (Young people 18-25 years outside the EU/ Teachers not holding an Education Pass/ Ikaria Card/ Discovery Pass Grand Paris Nord) Child: from 0 € (Under 18 (family and outside school groups)) Audioguide: 3 € Group adults: 7.50 € (per person. Twin ticket "Panthéon – Basilique de Saint-Denis" at €13/ Marie-Antoinette pass at €20) Set price group adults: 375 € Set price group children: 40 to 130 € (Free visit of the monument at 40€ (20€ for specific audiences). Conference visit of the monument at 90€ (40€ for specific audiences) Heritage workshop at €130 (€60 for specific audiences).).
Free entry for children < 25 years, accompanying guides, Job-seeker, disabled people. Group rate available for > 20 people.
Free: > for persons under 18 years of age (European Union nationals or regular residents on the territory of the European Union). > for 18-25 year olds. > for persons with disabilities. > for job seekers (on presentation of a certificate of less than 6 months). > Holders of the Culture Card - ICOM Card > for teachers with the Education Pass.
Pass: > Twin ticket "Panthéon – Basilique cathédrale de Saint-Denis" at €16. > Marie-Antoinette pass at €26 (pass that gives access to 4 sites in Ile-de-France in connection with Marie-Antoinette: château de Rambouillet, Conciergerie, Chapelle Expiatoire and Basilique cathédrale de Saint-Denis).
- Coach access
- Themed tour
- Guided tours
- Children's entertainment
- Temporary exhibition
Documentation languages (home)
Single services tour
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours available permanently
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Magnetic loop available at the reception