Guided tour of Printemps Haussmann
A tour of the Printemps Haussmann department store, whose façade has listed historic monument status, is a trip into the history of one of the most striking examples of the technical and aesthetic changes that have transformed Paris since the Second Empire.
When it first opened in 1865, Printemps embodied a new conception of fashion and elegance, promoting the “new”, the “fresh”, and the “pretty”. These were the principles championed by its young founder, Jules Jaluzot, right down to the ornamental details, the architecture, and the functioning of the store, whose elevators, electric lighting and iron and glass architecture thrilled the Paris smart set.
Your guide will take you into various spaces closed to the public, from a balustrade on the roof of the store, to the labyrinthine tunnels that still today house all the infrastructure and technical staff that enable the store to function. You will run into the electricians, joiners and operators who work in the basement of the Printemps store each day.
For the first time, visitors can even venture into the “skin” of the building and discover the underside of the monumental dome that crowns it.
Please note: reservations can be made 24 hours after purchasing tickets and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
Opening days and times
- All year round between 10 am and 8 pm. Open on Sunday from 11 am to 8 pm.
Tickets and prices
- Ticket valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Reservation required using the telephone number or website address shown on your ticket. Please note: reservations can be made 24 hours after purchasing tickets and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The booking is subject to availability. The purchase of a ticket does not guarantee that it can be used on every date during the validity period.
- Reduced rate for children aged 5 to 18
- Tour days: Saturdays only
- Duration of the tour: 1h30
- The tour route includes several staircases (not recommended for children under 5)
- No visitor cloakroom
64 BOULEVARD HAUSSMANN
75009 PARIS 09