Exhibition Ticket - Parfums d’Orient
Embark on an extraordinary journey at the Institut du Monde Arabe, where the bewitching perfumes of the Orient and their history await you!
Explore a fascinating exhibition of over 1000 m², combining ancient and contemporary artworks, punctuated by surprising olfactory devices and scents created especially for the occasion by renowned perfumer Christopher Sheldrake.
An exhibition that lets you see and smell the extent to which perfumes have always been at the heart of Arab culture, from the majestic peaks of the High Atlas to the distant shores of the Indian Ocean.
Immerse yourself in a rich collection of nearly 200 pieces, including manuscripts, miniatures, textiles, paintings, photographs, installations and videos, as well as the raw materials at the source of perfumes.
Each piece tells the history of fragrances, unguents, oils, balms, waters or fumigations and their central role in the cultural, social and intimate aspects of the Arab world.
Start your journey by discovering the origin of rare and precious essences that made Arab merchants famous: frankincense, ambergris, myrrh, rose, saffron or jasmine.
In the medina, discover the infinite uses of perfume, in the heart of the souk in the perfumers' quarter, where the craftsmanship is highly respected.
At the end of your journey, you'll find yourself inside the home, where the scent of incense and floral water will sweep you off your feet. And in the secret of the alcove, you'll find the fragrances that accompany rituals of seduction: saffron, musk, amber, amber.
Through this exhibition, you'll understand the importance of perfume not only in tradition, but also in everyday life today.
Get your tickets now for this exhibition, which promises to be rich in history and scents!
Opening days and times
- Tuesday to Friday: 10am to 6pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 10am to 7pm
Pricing and conditions
- Adult ticket: € 15
- Children ticket (18 to 26 years): € 8
- Reduced-rate ticket (unemployed and on minimum social benefits): € 13
- Ticket valid for selected date and time.
- Tickets cannot be changed, exchanged or refunded.
Prepare your visit
- The exhibition takes place in the exhibition rooms on levels 1 and 2.
Get to the Institut du Monde Arabe
- Metro: line 7 - Jussieu; line 10 - Cardinal Lemoine
- Bus: lines 63, 67, 86, 87 and 89 - Institut du Monde Arabe, Saint-Germain Cardinal Lemoine, Université Paris 6
AddressINSTITUT DU MONDE ARABE
1, RUE FOSSÉS ST-BERNARD
Place Mohammed V1, RUE FOSSÉS ST-BERNARD
75005 PARIS 05