Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte entry ticket
Discover one of France’s best châteaux and the inspiration for the Palace of Versailles by purchasing tickets for a day tour.
Vaux-le-Vicomte, the Château of Nicolas Fouquet, Superintendent of Finance and Minister to Louis XIV, is a masterpiece in modernity and elegance, rivalled by all other royal residences during the 17th century. Molière, La Fontaine, Le Nôtre, Le Vaux, Lebrun… All of these talented individuals spent time in this magnificent château.
Dazzled by so much splendour, the young Louis the Great imprisoned his minister for life, however Vaux-le-Vicomte provided the inspiration for the construction of Versailles.
Enjoy an unprecedented immersive experience, available to visitors aged 6 years and over and included in your entry fee, with an immersive sound tour. This tour lasts from 40 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes, depending on your pace. Equipped with headphones and a “narrator”, you will embark on a three-dimensional sound journey, an immersive audio experience that invites you to discover the history of France, plunging you right into the heart of the action!
Included in your entry fee and freely accessible, you may also explore the Carriage Museum before or after visiting the château: in the large stables of the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, take a leap back in time as you discover the exhibition of magnificent antique vehicles and equipment and explore two trades: saddlery and blacksmithing. Finally, the exhibition of horse equipment and other maintenance equipment will delight horse enthusiasts.
Opening days and times
- Every day from 02/04 to 06/11/2022, from 11 am to 5.30 pm (last admission)
Tickets and prices
- Open tickets (undated), valid for 1 day from 02/04 to 06/11/2022
- Tickets not valid on Saturdays from 14⁄05 to 01/10/22 and Fridays from 08/07 to 26/08/22
- Tickets not valid on 16, 17, 18 April (Vaux-le-Vicomte celebrates Easter) and 26/06/2022 (Grand Siècle Day)
- Reduced rate for children: 6 to 17 years
- Free for children under 6
- No readmission with the same ticket
- No lockers available on site
- Free parking available on the estate. Vaux-le-Vicomte is less than an hour from Paris by car.
- The Châteaubus shuttle is currently unavailable. It is possible to make part of the journey via public transport by taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon to Melun, and then a taxi to the château.
AddressCHÂTEAU DE VAUX-LE-VICOMTE
Jardins et château