Oriza L. Legrand
Stepping into the ornate Oriza L. Legrand store is like entering a time machine that is simply beyond belief. From Louis XIV to Marie-Antoinette, Napoleon, Empress Joséphine and more, even now the scent of the boutique’s illustrious clientele lingers on, not to mention the rice powder to which it owes its name.
Founded in Paris in 1720 by Fargeon Aîné, the Maison Oriza L. Legrand soon became the official purveyor to Court of France right up to the reign of Napoléon III, as well as supplying perfumes to the grandest foreign courts (Russia, Italy and England).
After closing its doors in the 1940s, Oriza L. Legrand was reborn in 2012 at the hands of Franck Belaiche and Hugo Lambert, both passionate about the history of French perfumery. Together, they brought some of the Maison’s finest creations back to life, following years of historical research.
Rediscover the charm of the La Belle Epoque and Années Folles in the boutique’s Art Déco and Art Nouveau surroundings, and lose yourself in a world of evocatively-named perfumes that take you right back through the ages: Œillet Louis XV, Rêve d’Ossian, Le Régent and many more…
Don’t forget to check out the Rose du Roy and Reliques d’Amour scented candles too, as well as the room sprays, soaps, colognes, the delicately-scented vinaigre de toilette that’s perfect for caring for both skin and hair, and much more besides…there’s heady pleasure to be found here in all shapes and sizes, a mere stone’s throw from La Comédie Française.
Access and contact
Days and opening hours
Every day throughout the year between 10 am and 6 pm. Closed on Sunday.