Musée de la Libération de Paris - musée du Général Leclerc - musée Jean Moulin
More than seventy-five years ago, at the head of the 2nd Armoured Division, General Leclerc, crossed the Porte d'Orléans de Paris and went up the avenue that now bears his name to Place Denfert-Rochereau. After spending more than 20 years near Gare Montparnasse, it is on this same square, steeped in history, that the new Paris Liberation Museum - General Leclerc's Museum - Jean Moulin Museum has just opened to the public. A museum redesigned using innovative mediation tools and a site that belongs to history in two ways, since it was in these pavilions dating from 1787 and closed until then to the public that Colonel Rol-Tanguy, head of the French Forces of the Interior (FFI), installed his PC in the basement of the building. A precious witness to the days preceding the Liberation of Paris, on August 25, 1944.
World War II history with a capital H
The museum's collections, from the Jean Moulin and Maréchal Leclerc de Hauteclocque collections, are constantly being enriched. More than 7,000 military and everyday objects each tell in their own way the small and great story of the most important conflict of the 20th century. From the interwar period to the Resistance, from the African countryside and Normandy beaches to the Liberation of Paris, the visit of the museum, divided into several thematic areas, highlights the main stages of the conflict.
Access and contact
Days and opening hours
Every day throughout the year between 10 am and 6 pm. Closed on Monday. Last access at 5.30 pm, rooms close at 5.45 pm.
Guided tour languages
Bulletin board languages
Single services tour
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours on request
- Hearing disability
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building partially accessible