Equestrian Academy of Versailles
In 2003, the legendary French trainer and impresario Bartabas decided to combine his love of artistry and horsemanship and create a riding school: the National Equestrian Academy of Versailles, based in the former royal stables. Here, as well as riding, students are trained in fencing, dance, singing and kyudo (Japanese archery). Set just opposite the Château de Versailles, the prestigious stables, which include the Great Stables, the Small Stables and the Galerie des Carrosses, or Coach Gallery, provide a perfect backdrop for the troupe.
On the weekends, in the magnificent wooden training area of the Great Stable, the Academy presents “La Voie de l’Écuyer” (The Equerry’s Way), a unique, multidisciplinary Baroque equestrian ballet. After the show, visitors are allowed to visit the stables.
Old and young (from 5 upwards), may also enjoy the “Matinales des Ecuyers” (Equerries’ Mornings), a guided visit that gives you a chance to catch a glimpse of daily life for the riders and watch them training with the company’s horses (Sundays, from 10am to noon).
Access and contact
Days and opening hours
From 18⁄02 to 20⁄08, every Saturday and Sunday. Closed exceptionally on May 1st. Exceptional openening on Wednesdays during French school holidays.
From 16⁄09 to 31⁄12, every Saturday and Sunday. Exceptional openening on Wednesdays during French school holidays.
- From 18⁄02 to 20/08/2023 Full price: from 28 € (Show La Voie de l'Ecuyère: €28) Reduced price: from 22 € (Show La Voie de l'Ecuyère : 22€ (Students, young people from 13 to 18 years old, job seekers, PRM)) Child: from 16 € (Show La Voie de l'Ecuyère : 16€ (children from 0 to 12 years old included)).
From 16⁄09 to 31/12/2023 Full price: from 28 € (Show La Voie de l'Ecuyère: €28) Reduced price: from 22 € (Show La Voie de l'Ecuyère : 22€ (Students, young people from 13 to 18 years old, job seekers, PRM)) Child: from 16 € (Show La Voie de l'Ecuyère : 16€ (children from 0 to 12 years old included)).
Free entry for the drivers, teachers.
For group rates (adults or children), contact Charlotte De Smet on 01 39 02 62 75 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educational visits
- Room hire
- Booking obligatory
- Guided tours
Guided tour languages
Documentation languages (home)
Bulletin board languages
Single mean time tour45 mins
Single services tour
- Unguided individual tours on request
- Guided individual tours on request
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Possibility of drop-off in front of the site
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities
- Copyright images:
- Agathe Poupeney
- Alfonse Alt
- Victor Tonelli