Art et Chocolat
Still as enticing as ever, cocoa now finds a prime ambassador in the former royal abode. The name of the shop tells you everything: here, chocolate is a story of art… if not design. Heirs to a long tradition of culinary production, these artisanal chocolate makers are also in their own way sculptors, moulders and painters (using food pigments), creating veritable little gems of realism, such as a horse’s head, a golf ball or an African mask.
The assortment is constantly refreshed to reflect the inspiration of the moment (especially at Christmas and Easter, when very special creations are on offer), but one classic is never lacking: Louis XIV’s shoe, which could be worn if it were not all cocoa! A lovely way to cultivate the baroque, whimsical and exciting spirit of the aristocratic Versailles.
Access and contact
Days and opening hours
Every day throughout the year between 10.30 am and 7 pm. Closed Monday and Sunday. Closed exceptionally on Feast of the Ascension.
- Pets welcome
Documentation languages (home)
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Reserved space 330 cm wide < 20 m from the site
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Absence of slope > 5%
- Absence of protrusions > 2 cm
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- Height under table >= 70 cm width >= 77 cm
- Absence of steps
- Site, building totally accessible
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities