Exhibition ticket - Machu Picchu & the treasures of Peru - Dated
From April 16, 2022, come along on the date of your choice and discover the exhibition-event Machu Picchu and the treasures of Peru at the Cité de l’Architecture & du patrimoine - Palais de Chaillot in Paris.
Buy your tickets for this special exhibition retracing the 3,000-year history of the Pre-Columbian civilizations, to the mystery of Machu Picchu and discover masterpieces and symbolic items, more than 190 original pieces from one of the largest Peruvian museums, brought together for the first time, some of which have never been outside Peru: frontal headdress, funeral mask, imperial accessories, silver crown… one of the most impressive gold collections ever displayed.
One of the most impressive gold collections ever displayed.
Thanks to the surprising and engaging presentation of the exhibits, you can immerse yourself in the spellbinding world of the Incas, heirs to the ecological, technological and artistic successes of ancient Peru’s civilizations.
More than just a traditional exhibition of remarkable archaeological items, the “Machu Picchu and the treasures of Peru” exhibition offers a real immersive experience of the societies of ancient Peru, which shaped the great history of the Andean civilization for more than 3,000 years.
In line with its goals of stimulating emotion and creating meaning, the exhibition offers innovative solutions to better exhibit and communicate the tangible and intangible heritage that Peru and its museums preserve.
Augmented reality, which includes visual and audible digital content (texts, images, videos, 3D animated objects), makes it possible to combine virtual and real objects; while reality literally allows the visitor to enter a virtual monumental environment. You can’t travel to Peru, so Machu Picchu comes to you! The Experience, with a VR headset, therefore offers the very first Machu Picchu expedition in virtual reality.
An Escape Game, included with the exhibition, will also be proposed. This inquiry will allow you to extend the experience by discovering the Galleries of the Cité de l’Architecture & du Patrimoine.
Opening days and times
- Every day from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., last session at 5.30 p.m. (last admission at 6 p.m.)
Tickets and prices
- Dated tickets valid for the selected date, from 16/04/2022 to 04/09/2022
- Free for children under 4.
- Child rate from 4 to 14: €20.
- Full price: €24.
- Escape game in the heart of the Cité de l’Architecture & du Patrimoine included.
- You don’t know the date of your visit yet? You have the possibility to buy an open ticket (undated).
- Audio-guided tour of the exhibition. Available in French, English and Spanish.
- Only helmets and umbrellas are accepted in the cloakroom for security reasons and under no circumstances suitcases (this also applies throughout the building) and scooters.
AddressCITE DE L'ARCHITECTURE ET DU PATRIMOINE
1 place du Trocadéro et du 11 novembre
75116 PARIS 16